Tonight Andy and I went to a Tasting Party. It was downtown IC in a two story loft style apartment. We walked in and there were little dishes of food everywhere. The idea is that you eat one of these Magical Fruit berries and then sample the food to see how the berry changes the flavor. Lemons and limes tasted the same, but were not at all sour. We decided that it isn't the wierd berry that would later make us feel a bit sick, but the fact that everyone was eating sour cream (tasted like frosting), vinegar, straight lemon juice, and just about any other condiment. The strangest thing I tried was lemon sorbet mized with Quiness beer. It tasted similar to a coffee ice cream shake. Very strange, but fun! Here are a few pictures...

Here are the berries. The party host had them flown in from NYC, but apparently they are grown in Florida.

Andy, who usually doesn't like sour things (of fruit for that matter) enjoying a lime slice.

Here are Meghann and Alaina with some of the mood lighting behind them.

Still intrigued? Try googling
magical fruit to learn more.
1 comment:
I had never heard of that until I saw an episode of CSI the other week regarding the same thing. Of course their party had a worse ending than someone just getting sick.
Post a Comment