Saturday, February 28, 2009

Grilled Salmon

Vegetable Oil Spray
1 1/2 lb salmon filet (1-inch thick)
1 lime
1 TBSP mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried dill weed

Preheat grill to high heat. Make a tray out of a double-length of heavy-duty foil, spray the entire inside of the foil liberally with cooking spray.
Play the salmon filet in the foil skin side down (we used filets that were already skinned). Squeeze lime juice over salmon. Spread top of salmon with the mayonnaise.
In a small bowl, mix together all of the dried spices. Spinkle with mixture evenly over the top of the salmon. Cook in a hot covered grill for 10 minutes per inch of thickness of the fish filet.
Garnish with lime slices.

Andy found this recipe from North to Alaska and Smokey Joe online. It really is fabulous!

1 comment:

sara said...

Hey! First of all, I've been wanting to thank you since I got the package the other day, but my facebook isn't working for some reason and I don't have your email address. Email from your address so I have it and I can send you a few of the other pictures I took and you can choose which one you want to put on your website. Baby Dex would be happy to follow in his mama's footsteps and start his modeling career so young!!! : ) I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Thank you so much. my email is bauer.sara@gmail.com (maybe you should delete this comment after you get it so I don't get a bunch of little girls stalking me for my son's phone number) : ) I've been keeping up on Desiree's blog and saw that today was her due date. It's coming SO soon! Yay for all of you!!!! Thanks again! XOXO