Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring is in the air

Today was one of the first days that spring really felt like it was in sight. Andy and I put together our new patio set that I brought back from my parents house and I didn't even need to wear a jacket or gloves! I told Andy that we need to perfect a few "patio recipes" so we can have friends and neighbors over and snack this summer. I can't wait!

Then I spent a few hours cleaning up the flower beds and raking more leaves from last fall. Five yard bags later, we were in good shape. I also saw a glimpse of a few flowers that are starting to pop up. I love that about spring.

And here are a few things that I made for a family that is going on a Disney cruise for spring break...And this is a cotton dress that the lady had, but had two stains on it and was getting a little short for one of her daughters. I added the starfish and crab to cover the stains and added the fabric and pom pom trim to the bottom. It feels good to recycle the dress to make it last for another summer. And I think it's pretty cute!
And it makes me wish I was going on vacation!!!

No comments: