Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Garden Update

Andy's birthday basket of petunias. I don't know if you are all aware, but Andy LOVES petunias. He even wanted them for the men to wear on their suits at our wedding. I found this basket at a neat nursery run by Amish in Kalona, IA. I plan to get all my annuals there next year.
Our Iris' did very well this year. Our Day Lilies are now blooming next to them.
We also planted a Golden Aspen tree in our front yard. We've been talking about it for awhile and finally went and picked one out. These are the same trees that they have up in the mountain in Colorado, which is another reason we really like it. They tell us it should do well here in the midwest. We shall see.



This post is dedicated to my mom who is my #1 gardner inspiration and Andy's Aunt Jo who is cruising the Carribean for a few months and missing her garden back home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is your Gardener Mom - thank you for dedication - I loved it! Your gardens are beautiful! I love looking at the pictures of your house - especially when I was just looking at the 'before' pictures of your yard just a couple of days ago - who knew it could look so good in such a short time! Your hard work has really paid off!

Anonymous said...

ok Linds - I still don't know what I'm doing - somehow my post shows up at anonymous! :) love Mom