Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Frozen Mint Pie

I was searching for a frozen dessert to bring to someone along with a frozen casserole, did a quick search online, and found a recipe that inspired this one.  I completely changed more than half of the ingredients, so I think it's fair that I share it with all of you.  The filling is enough for 2 pies, so keep them in the freezer and pull one out for the next special occasion.  Pretty darn good!

Frozen Mint Pie
about 3/4 bag of York peppermint patties, chopped
1 package of Andes Mints, chopped
8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1 tub of frozen Cool Whip, thawed
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 Oreo pie crusts

With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.  Continue beating slowly adding the sweetened condensed milk.  I also added about 8 drops of green food coloring for the mint effect.  Fold in Cool Whip and chopped peppermint patties.  Pour filling into the two pie crusts and sprinkle the chopped Andes mints on top.  Put in freezer and serve frozen. 

Note: I tasted the filling before adding any mint candies and I think it's safe to say that it would be great with any candy bar.  I think next time I will add a few tablespoons of peanut butter and chopped snickers to the filling, omitting any mint.  Let me know if you try this and how it turns out.

No comments: