This past weekend we went to a neighbors estate sale as he will be moving to China on Wednesday. He had lots of neat stuff, most which was already reserved. We did find a great bed frame which we decided to grab. This motivated a little master bedroom revamp.
This was our old bed (and this is the picture I used to sell it on Craigslist). It was fine, but I was kind of tired of it. Plus, it was REALLY high off the ground. Like Jack should probably wear a helmet when on the bed. I was also never sure what to put up on the walls so it's been bare like this for the past 3 years.
This is our new bed along with a new mirror that I picked up at another estate sale (that couple was moving to Germany). You can't tell from the pictures but the bed is massive. Like 6" think headboard, footboard, and beal-like bed rails. The wood is a bit distressed, but it has clean lines. I call it mountain modern.
I'm thinking about what else I can do. I may switch out the lamps or spray paint the bases and put new shades on them. I think I will also sew a long roll pillow in a fun pattern to put in front of the white pillows. I'd also like to sew some panels for the windows. Any other suggestions? It's already an improvement and we're happy with the new look.
And guess what, after selling the old bed on Craigslist, the new bed and the mirror only cost us $40!
1 comment:
Wow, it looks great! You already sold your old bed? I am impressed. I think new lamps would look great and I like the long pillow idea too. I can't wait to see how it all comes together!
Post a Comment