Wednesday, July 14, 2010

7 Months

We are having a fun summer with Jack!  Here he is enjoying his first taste of Iowa sweet corn. 
It's good to be an Iowa baby!
He thinks he should be able to eat anything now.  Like blonde brownies.  Maybe next summer, Jack!
(with Grandma Carol)
This was his first time at the pool.  He was a little overwhelmed at first with all of the splashing kids, but as long as he had this stingray in his mouth, he was happy.
Playing with his cousins, Esme & Annalise.  They are so sweet to him.  One night when they were playing with him and he was getting crabby they looked at us adults and told us that he needed some big arms to hold him.  Cute!
Esme took these shots of Jack sleeping in the pool. 
And don't worry, I highlighted my hair shortly after this:).

A little Rummelhart family picnic one nice Monday night out at Lake MacBride.
Four generations!
Smooch, smooch!

Updates:
  • Jack can scoot around a bit, mostly going backwards.  He can easily get across a room in a few minutes.
  • He LOVES sitting.  He will sit forever and just play with whatever I give him.  I know this won't last long!
  • The other day in the kitchen Jack looked up at me and said "MumMum".  Who knows if he was really saying Mama, but I got so excited and got down on the ground with him and his face looked so proud.  I had also thought I heard him say "hi" once or twice but thought I was being a crazy mom.  When Grandma Carol was watching him last week so told me that she swore she heard him say "hi" numerous time.  I think he can make it official and start bragging that he's a talker!
  • Jack really likes walks in his stroller and always has his little toes resting up on the car seat attachment bar.  People eating outside of the restaurants downtown always comment on the little tootsies as we walk by.
  • Jack has had some sleep regression and has been getting up to eat once each night for the last month.  I think some of our traveling and shifting of sleep schedules may be to blame.  Or maybe he just misses his mama and wants a 10 minute feeding/cuddle session before getting a few more hours of sleep!  It's been fun Jack, but I'm okay with you sleeping 12 hours straight again if you're up for it.
  • Speaking of eating, I can only nurse Jack up in his rocking chair in his room.  Otherwise he gets so distracted by Andy's voice or looking around for Andy if we're in our bedroom, etc.  This boy really loves his Dada!

 

2 comments:

Lindsay - Mama to Preschooler Logan and Twin Babies Cooper and Parker said...

He is just so cute, Linds! He is getting so big too! Logan sleep regressed between 6 and 7 months too. I think that is very normal.

Angela and Enrique said...

So cute. I can't wait to take our babies to the pool together! By the way, it looks like they are going to induce me Monday night. Which seems like forever!

If you are looking for Jack's binky, you left it over here.