Jack has mastered going up and down the stairs.
Hanging out in his stroller with his bud Enrique.
Eating German potato salad all by himself. PS- he loves it!
Waiting for me to get home one day. I love how excited he gets when he sees his mama!
Jack is a great imitator. He loves to stir things in my saucepan with my wooden spoon and has started fussing every time I'm cooking because he wants me to pick him up and let him stir whatever I'm making. If he sees a hair brush, he will automatically start brushing his practically bald head. He tries to put shoes on his feet. If he finds a pen or pencil, he'll pretend to draw on paper (or actually draw if the caps off). Lets hope he sticks to paper and not on furniture or walls!
He just started clapping his hands this past month too. I know many babies do this much earlier, but he was more of a hands up in the air excited kind of a guy. Now he's a clapper. He keeps one hand stationary and moves the other one to clap. Totally cute. And because maybe he's a little late for this milestone, I have to brag that he can pick up the computer cord and plug the tiny little end into the lap top all in one swift move. Very impressive!
Auntie Desiree gave him some new toddler silverware for Christmas and he is getting great at feeding himself with a spoon and fork. He can pierce food and get it in his mouth and he can get things like yogurt or applesauce with the spoon.
Jack is obsessed with tooth brushes and has been for a few months. I carry one with me in my purse and if he gets fussy when we're out, it turns into the golden ticket! Often times he will have two in his mouth at once. I think they feel good on his teething gums. Andy is often times trying to track down his own toothbrush. It's a good think we're all family and that I keep many extras in the linen closet!
Jack also now has 6 teeth. Two on top and four on the bottom.
The morning of Jack's birthday he started taking more than just a step or two. He'd walk up to 8-9 steps between two people and was really proud of himself. I thought he'd just take off from there, but he's smart and realizes that crawling is faster. Also, since we live in a small house he can cruise around from room to room hanging on to furniture so it makes it easy to not have to walk. I'm sure it won't be long!
He likes to crawl and sit in things. Like the recycle box by the front door, Andy's new little roasting pan that I gave him for Christmas, the drawer of the coffee table, etc. Andy said that he even crawled up on the coffee table from the drawer this morning.
Jack is in to everything! I was making two quiches the other night and when I stopped and looked around the kitchen it looked like a bomb exploded! After all, his favorite game is emptying/clearing things (including cabinets). I used to think that parents need to just teach kids that some things they can play with and some they can't. I told Andy the other day that I'm locking up EVERY cabinet in the house and hopefully he'll get bored and play with all of his toys instead. This mama is tired of cleaning up!
Jack really has a love for his family. He will reach for his grandparents from across the room and loves going back and forth between them. He loves his Auntie Desiree so much. At church on Christmas Eve, he just wanted her to hold him. I think he can tell how loved he is and likes to give it back through open mouth smooches and snuggles.
2 comments:
Robert does the same thing with the hair brush and he doesn't have any hair either. Jack is just to cute!
I can't believe how big he's getting. I miss you guys. Sounds like things are going great with your family. Jack is so so cute and always seems so happy! I love seeing the pictures you put here. Miss you and love you.
Angela
Post a Comment