Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Catch up!

Yes, I'm the worst blogger.  Here's a quick little picture catch up.
Jack around 15 months old.
Here we are in Chicago with Desiree, Lou, and Nico for an afternoon of baby shops and dinner.  
 Here's Jack right at 16 months old helping with the grilling. 
 Grandma with her boys at Lincoln Park Zoo last month.  I think this picture perfectly captures their wild boy personalities!  I always call it baby wrangling instead of babysitting!
 Jack and his cute little dimples.
 And here is Jack at his first Easter Egg Hunt.  He was a little slow to catch on, but as soon as he realized there was candy inside of the eggs, he was obsessed!  The boy has a sweet tooth!
 Grandma and Jack Jack on Easter Sunday at church.  He wore white linen shorts, a white dress shirt, and a seersucker blazer.  Oh my, the cuteness!
 With Daddy after church.
 And my main excuse for not updating this blog more often...we finally wrapped things up with the remodel and moved in!  Thanks to our family for coming into town, packing up our entire house, moving everything, unpacking, and even decorating!  It was a 'working' Easter weekend for sure!  I was glad we were able to still go to the Easter egg hunt, and celebrate Easter with church and a nice dinner.  I still can't believe how much we got done that weekend and we are SO thankful for family:)
Here's Jack and Nico enjoying his new bedroom.  He has a nice big room with four windows so the first order of business was to get some window treatments to ensure 5:30am wakeups didn't last long!
 And here's the family room from the weekend we moved in...


We just love it!  All of the hard work over the winter was worth it.  It feels good to spread out a bit, to have a beautiful, wooded back yard, to have a lower level family room for all the toys, to have two guest bedrooms for when we have visitors.  We still have a handful of little projects to finish up, but we're definitely feeling settled.  I'm ready for a fun summer full of swimming and play dates with Jack!

 

No comments: