Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Garlic Pasta Salad

Andy really loves this pasta salad at our local co-op grocery store.  The nice thing about the co-op is that they list all of the ingredients on the label.  With that, I set out to try to copy the recipe.  I did change a few things, (like using mayo instead of vegannaise and milk instead of buttermilk) but I think we came pretty close!  Not bad for the first Litton Test Kitchen creation!

Garlic Pasta Salad
















1 c. mayo
1 Tbsp. jarred minced garlic
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. milk
1/8 t. thyme
1/8 t. oregano
1/4  - 1/2  t. cayenne pepper (depending on how zingy you want it)
1 t. parsley (use fresh if you have it)

1 lb. Callentani Pasta (corkscrew), cooked, drained, and rinsed in cold water
1 c. frozen peas, thawed
1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese (not grated)

Combine the first 8 ingredients.  Mix in with cooked pasta noodles and add peas and parmesan cheese.  Refrigerate and serve.  Warning- garlic breath comes with garlic pasta!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can't wait to try this one, too! thanks for sharing!