Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jack 3.5 weeks

Here are a few pictures from the past few days...
Jack is starting to really like bath time.  And we love snuggling with him afterwards when he's all wrapped up in his monkey towel!


Here Jack is getting his first bottle from Daddy.  He HATES the pacifier (like screams, gags, and even threw up one time) so I figured we better start getting him used to the bottle a bit.  He just ate about 1 ounce and it took him about 10 minutes, but he did a pretty good job.  We'll continue to give him a bottle every other day or so to get him comfortable with it. 

And this is how we spend most of our days...snuggling on the couch.  That is certainly one advantage of having a winter baby.  It makes it easy to stay inside cuddled up when it's 0 degrees outside!

Here Jack is showing off his strong neck!  We have large dark framed pictures above the couch that he loves looking at.  If he's fussy, we just turn him so that he can see the pictures and he's instantly quiet.  He has also discovered ceiling fans and is quite impressed by those as well.  Just yesterday he started to really stare and look at us and would even look back and forth between the two of us.  It's amazing the new things he's discovering each day.

And here he is in his Kicky Pants jammies.  I might keep him in them all day!  They are bamboo and so soft!  This picture also shows off his double chin and full tummy:).  He doesn't go back to the doctor until he's 8 weeks old, but I'd guess he's about 9.5 pounds now.  Such a big boy!

(we just got a new computer and I can't figure out how to rotate the pictures yet...sorry)

4 comments:

McKinze said...

Linds, Jack is adorable! Thanks for keeping us posted!

I am healthy again and would really like to meet him - and I'm baking my first layer cake in months this weekend. Could I come visit and bring you a cake?

(Also, do you have a non-work email?) Let me know!

Janeen said...

What a darling baby! Keep the pictures coming :)

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, He is just beautiful. I hope we can meet him this summer. I love checking your blog and finding such cute pictures. It makes me smile.

Love Aunt Pat

Lindsay - Mama to Preschooler Logan and Twin Babies Cooper and Parker said...

YAY! I have been patiently waiting for a Jack update. He is changing so much already! He looks a lot like Andy, especially in the first picture. He is so sweet!